8 June 2012

The final push

11 down, 1 to go. After 10 months in Antwerpen studying 12 different areas of International and European law I only have 1 module left to complete. Hallelujah.

The three hours of Private Law went quite well, although the questions were more mixed up than we were led to expect. Still, that disgusting mountain of reading materials did actually come in handy when examining and comparing the development of contract law and harmonisation in the EU. I guess the weeks of reading and highlighting were worth the time! The best thing about the exam was the page limit on each question so we didn't have to waffle on but just get straight to the point - and no sore hands by the end of it.

At long last, after four months of study, tears and definite frustration, I have finally finished studying WTO law. I say again, hallelujah! I was crazily nervous going into that one since it was closed book and worth 80%, even though I'd studied hard and really knew my stuff on the topics I'd chosen. The questions (for my topics at least) were pretty comprehensive and didn't try to throw you for a loop if you'd covered everything the Professor told you to, which was a relief. Definitely the best thing about the entire module was the fact that on the exam there were 12 questions (6 fact pattern and 6 essay) of which you had to answer only 2. Even better, one question per topic meaning I only had to study two of the topics from the module. Fantastic - general exeptions and developing countries, check!

With only 6 days until my final exam in Protection of Human Rights with Professor Vandenhole (oral - scary), I am almost at the summit of Mount Law-Work. It's been a long hard slog uphill, but I can definitely say that it's been worth it so far (who knows what I'll think when I finally get to collapse on the summit). UA is a great university, the IELSP is a wonderful programme (despite the compulsory WTO module) and Antwerpen has been a fantastic place to live and study in.

For all those future Antwerpen students (and present) I've collected a few useful links about UA, the city, public transport and supermarket for you on the left. Well, having procrastinated doing that, I'd better get back to the grindstone...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my blogs is always welcome - feel free to leave me a comment!